Sunday, November 9, 2008

World Traveler + more

So this is Erica, it's my first post and I am not a blogger....just a fair warning.

Here's whats been happening...Kevin went to Austin again for work. It went really well and he learned a ton. It's been hard to have him gone for weeks at a time but totally worth it since he comes back with a whole new perspective on the trading world. He is really enjoying trading and is doing much better! Kevin is going back to Austin in December but Ill be going too....my good friend Megan is getting married to Mike (who helped Kevin get started trading). 

I got to go to Dubai for work recently. I didnt get out of the hotel too much but I really enjoyed it. There were tons of high rises and tons of construction its was incredible. I got to go to some souks (spelling?)...just like a mercado in Mexico. Dubai is a trading hub and there is a ton of gold everywhere...if you're in the market for very ornate gold...go to Dubai. There were a lot of Iranian spices and nuts. Most of the population is expats...lots of Indians, Iranians, Pakistanis and Europeans. There is a ton of shopping...I didnt go to the indoor ski slopes but i can only imagine. I got to fly business class and that was sooo much fun! I had a good time but Im very glad to be home!

Other than that...we got to meet our neighbors...they're all widowed and super cute. It explained why none of our neighbors had their lights on for Halloween. We'll be in Austin in a few weeks for Megan/Mike's wedding and are very excited to see all our college friends! Hopefully we see everyone soon.

No comments: